Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Killing time...

So lately Ive been experiencing a new and interesting feeling.

Boredom.

Ive never been one to get bored. I'm a true believer that if you're bored then you're boring and I'm not fucking boring. So whats with the pangs of boredom?

Anyway, what's important is that feeling this way has made me aware of something. We all have interesting ways to kill the time between the shit we don't want to do and the shit we cant wait to do. Ive started to look at and size up various activities and assign them a new value.

TKP (Time Killing Potential)

Now for some things, this value is going to be very static. Take smoking for instance. Every smoke has a TKP of about 4-5 minutes. Now 5 minutes isn't a lot of time when you're trying to kill lets say... days or weeks. If I wanted to have every smoking related malady by my next birthday I might consider smoking as a primary source of time killing. Now while a voice box does have a certain degree of promise in the form of humorous situations you could get into, I think we can all agree that its generally going to be a bad thing. We're going to need to find activities with much higher TKP if we want to be efficient about this and avoid requiring a large piece of iron to aid in breathing.

A friend of mine has found what just might be the holy grail in this regard. The mini series. Consider something like "Lost" for example. You can get a season of "Lost" from your local Blockbuster and boom, you now have in your hands the ability to obliterate time in hulking increments and the only draw back is the possibility of requiring eye glasses at some later date. Don't like "Lost"? There are tons of different options and all them are proud owners of very high TKP's.

Maybe I'll look into this option, or maybe I'll just stop being a boring bastard.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I must have it. I saw an episode of this on the Cartoon network last night, along with some lovely new cartoon about squids, and was reminded of the insane (and inane, for that matter) charm that this series has. I've also always wanted to see the series "Twin Peaks" in it's entirety. I've usually been one to turn my nose up at TV in years past, as I would rather be out picking up easy women at bars, but now that I'm trying to usher in a new era of responsibility for myself, I can't think of a more appropriate catalyst for positive change in my life than Aqua Teen. Btw, if my story gets good enough to be published, I'm going to put it out under the pseudonym of Elliot Haste. You heard it here first.

Another endeavor with a nice, though possibly expensive TKP is impulse shopping. I spent 30 minutes the other night trying to pick out which variety of Axe deodorant I wanted to get in one of those nice value packs that has the antipersperant stick, body spray, and shower gel, all in one, not to mention another 30-45 minutes picking out some other odds and ends.